3 different sized adjustable wrenches

Wrenches are used to twist or turn items, usually to tighten nuts and bolts. "Wrench" is the American English term. The British English term is "spanner". Adjustable wrenches will work for multiple size items, but there are other specialized wrenches for specific tasks.

Related[edit | edit source]

a wrench in use

articles[edit | edit source]

phrases[edit | edit source]

  • monkey wrench - a disruption
  • throw a spanner in the works - to disrupt

References[edit | edit source]

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.