This article is for sharing water saving tips. Saving water is good for the planet. It's also good for lowering your water bill.
Do you have a tip you'd like to add?
- turn off the water while you brush your teeth
- collect the water that runs while you're running water through to get to the hot water for washing or bathing -- that cold water can be used to water plants, mop floors etc.
- a dishwasher usually is a more efficient way to wash dishes than by hand
- if you need to water your yard, do it early or late in the day, or even at night (less evaporates)
- check for water leaks
- take a "Navy shower" (see references), basically you turn off the wanter while soaping up or shampooing
- catch or direct rainwater for use
- consider water efficiency when purchasing appliances such as clothes washers or dishwashers
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.