Sinks come in lots of different sizes and styles. There are small vanity sinks, bar sinks, large laundry room sinks, and more.
Sinks are commonly found in kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms.
Sinks usually have
- a basin (on or set into a counter)
- fixtures: a faucet and knobs or handles to control the flow of water
- a drain
Most kitchen sinks in North America and Canada contain a garbage disposal unit, which have small containers instead of just a drain pipe, with fanned blades that spin in order to tear pieces of food into smaller pieces so it can wash out with water through the sewage system.
- faucet and drain
- materials and special cleaning needs (for instance, some sink enamels scratch and are damaged by some common household cleaning materials)
- A newer design feature of some sinks is the way they are set below the counter without a rim, making it easier to wipe the counter.
- garbage disposal
- wet bar
- laundry room
- Wikipedia's article on plumbing fixture