For some people, music is an important part of feeling at home. Some homes have special places or features to support listening to or making music.
In some households, playing musical instruments is a major activity. Practice time is important and can be reflected in the way the house is designed and organized. In other homes, creating music isn't the focus as much as being able to play and listen to it.
- Learning to Play: Tips for Parents of Young Musicians
- Welcome to The Piano Education Page! (Not just one page, a non-profit resource site.)
- Introducing Preschoolers to Music (kidshealth.org)
- Suzuki Association of the Americas
- Sing Out! (Non-profit organization and their quarterly magazine - folk music, good stuff for camping or family singing)