The kitchen is a place for storing, preparing and eating food. It can also be used as a part of family ritual -- where people gather while they create meals. And family meals provide a time for people to "touch-base", seeing each other regularly and keeping up, at best, sharing stories of their days, jokes and companionship. In some homes, the kitchen is the primary eating spot, in others, the dining room or other location is the primary place to eat.
- Activities: baking, cooking, cleaning
- Appliances: oven, stove, refrigerator, microwave, cooking, toaster
- Furniture: table, chairs, baker's rack
- Furnishings: pots and pans, dishes, towels, flatware, cups, glasses, knives
- Storage: cabinets, pantry, shelves, refrigerator, freezer
- Other: lighting, fan, apron