Some homes have garages for storing cars. They are often used for storing multiple other things as well. Another common use for garages is as a workspace or workshop.
Some garages are attached and some are separate buildings. Some apartments have their own multi-car commercial style garages.
If a car or other piece of equipment is leaking gasoline, oil or other fuel, do not put it into the garage. And do not try to start it up until all the fuel is cleaned from under the equipment and on the engine. Sparks from a battery or engine starter may start a fire or even an explosion. And the fumes are not healthy. Similarly, any other flammable materials such as paint, cleaners and paint thinners should also be kept away from anything that might create sparks.
- DoItYourself.com on Garages, includes articles on building or converting space into a Garage
- Garage Storage, Cabinets and Organization (carguygarage.com)
- Things To Keep in Mind When Choosing a Garage Plan
- Wikipedia's article on Garage (house)
- UL.com (safety organization) has an article on on 10 Home Security and Garage Door Safety Tips