| Quote |
"Home automation encompasses everything from computerized- and remote-control of lighting, HVAC, and door locks to video monitoring, audio and video distribution, and voice recognition."
Would you like to be able to
- reset the temperature in your home from any Internet Web site in the world?
- show a movie in picture frame flat screens in every room in the house?
- tell your alarm clock to start the coffee maker now?
- know when motion sensors are activated in your home when you're not there?
- adjust the temperature before you arrive home?
- MisterHouse (Home Automation Software) Wiki - "MisterHouse is an open source home automation program."
Some links to interesting technologies:
- Many Many home automation dohickeys http://www.insteon.net/
- Keyless entry; unlock the door from your garage to your house when you trigger your garage door: http://www.modernlock.com/keyless2.html
- getting your house systems (front door, motion detectors, etc.) to twitter events, and send to your cell phone http://www.oreillynet.com/mac/blog/2007/03/twittering_your_home.html
- temperature controlled, water-saving shower faucet http://www.showersmartfaucet.com/
- security camera captures images down to 0.01 lux... that is DARK. it's black-and-white cousin can do 0.0003 lux. Not an infrared camera, that's its native capability.
- Drapery control, good for darkening windows automatically in home theatres http://www.hometech.com/drape/addmotor.html or http://www.smarthome.com/3142/Motorized-Drape-Controller/p.aspx
- Informative site about home automation concepts, equipment, access control, special sensors and iDevice (e.g. iPad, iPhone, Android home control) http://www.noushouse.com.au/
- home audio distribution http://www.russound.com/ac68.htm
- Speaker cable for whole-house audio systems http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=314&sku=43079
- Automation Systems Review 2012