Some characteristics of the Art Deco style are simple, geometric shapes, bright colors, clean lines, symmetry and an ornamental appearance. The style developed between World War I and World War II—mostly in the 1920s and 1930s. The new technology developments—like airplanes and movies were influential themes.
Wood, metal and stone is highly polished. Metals tend to be brass or gold. A frequently used stone is black onyx. It is associated with glamour.
Related[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- The Masters Lodge on Art Deco Style
- HGTV has an article on Art Deco
- Rich East High School report by "A.C." on Art Deco (1925 - 1940)
- Yahoo! Directory on Art Deco
- Wikipedia's article on Art Deco
|Art deco, Colonial, Contemporary, Cottage, Craftsman, Gothic, Ranch, Split Level, Townhouse, Victorian|